Candidate must have at least 15 years of experience designing, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting large-scale enterprise networks. The candidate needs a strong understanding of routing, switching, WAN technologies, and wireless technology. An active CCIE certification is preferred, but not required.
The Network Architect will identify, evaluate, architect and recommend best of breed technology approaches to solve the business and customer problems, aligned with proper architecture standards and best practices. This role will interface directly with the customers and internal stakeholders to gather requirements, deliver solutions, identify and deliver incremental revenue opportunities. This role entails overseeing the Infrastructure and network architecture functions to ensure timely, efficient and quality designs.
Some of the following technologies are required
- Cisco Nexus
- Cisco DNA Center
- Cisco NetFlow
- Cisco Wireless
- Cisco Firewall
- Cisco VPN
- Network HVA Segmentations
- F5 GTM & LTM
- Dark fiber loop configurations
- Network and routing reconfigurations
- IPv6 planning
- Management network design and optimization
- DMZ design
- Disaster Recovery and Multi Site Design
- Load Balancing and WAN
- Development and Lab Networks
- Networking to private and public cloud
Candidate should be familiar with the following technologies and protocols.
Layer 2: Ethernet, ATM, Frame Relay, PPPoE, STP, 802.1q, 802.1x, MPLS, L2VPNs
Layer 3: IP, IPv6, LDP, L3VPNs, RSVP, DHCP, IPSEC, PIM, IGMP
Layer 4: TCP, UDP
Routing Protocols: BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP
Other: SNMP, RADIUS, TACACS+
Wireless: Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and access points
Data Center/Cloud Networks: Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Cisco Nexus series switches
Virtualization: Cisco UCS, VMWare ESXi, Azure
Collaboration: Unified Communications
- Work across teams, and external customer groups to develop strategy, design solutions, and advise implementation teams during deployment.
- Build and maintain technical relationships with managers of the organization and technology providers by leading and facilitating technology discussions and aligning solutions with client needs.
- Provide communication, ensuring that managers, team members, stakeholders within the organization, and clients are kept informed of relevant trends and projects.
- Research new or alternative technologies, document findings, conduct pilots and evaluate multiple vendors, make recommendations, and develop business cases to justify the investment.
- Deal with escalations. Make assessments, recommendations or provide solutions to resolve issues.
- Mentor and train staff, ensuring they are up to speed on critical processes and technologies related to the Technology and Infrastructure organizations goals and soft skills needed to succeed.
- Develop and implement test plans
- Develop project timelines for projects
- Contribute to budgeting for and understand the financial impact of technology decisions
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents
- Keep up to date on infrastructure technology
- Assess competitors and the types of technology they use
- Guide the selection, implementation and deployment processes for new technology roll-outs
Duties will include:
- Installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Routers, L2 and L3 Switches, Firewalls, WAN Accelerators, Load balancers, etc.
- Design network road map and align it with Network Lead/Operations Manager requirements
- Performing a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco, Juniper, HP, Nortel, and Extreme network equipment.
- Keep all data center drawings and design documentations up to date.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e. Nexus switches, ASR routers, and long haul optical equipment).
- Setup proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLAs and train team members.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
- Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies, and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Should be recognized as an industry leader based on experience, credentials, and publications.
- CCNA, CCNP or CCIE Certification
- 1-3 years direct experience with Cisco 9k/7k/5k/2k/1k, Data center SDN
- 1-3 years direct experience with Cisco ACI
- 1-3 years direct experience with Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC), REST architecture, JSON scripting
- 10 years direct experience required in the management and administration of network infrastructure – routers, switches, etc. in a high-availability infrastructure
- 10 years experience with layer 2 network protocols switching, including but not limited to: 802.1Q tagging, STP (and its variations), LACP, etc.
- 10 years of experience with IP subnetting
- 10 years of experience with layer 3 network routing, including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
- 10 years of layer 4 IP protocol suites (TCP, UDP, ICMP, GRE, etc.)
- 10 years of experience with access technologies such as LDAP, AD, RADIUS, TACACS
- 5+ years direct experience in management and administration of the F5 BIG-IP product line including Load-balancing, iRules and SSL termination.