This is a Commission-Only position with a very competitive structure. Must have 10+ yrs of sales experience in Corporate IT for this position.
Cognian Technologies is a start up solutions provider from NOVA area. The Business Development Manager is responsible for leadership of creating and growing Cognian’s business within IT Federal sector . This BD leader must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals.
We’re seeking qualified business development independent sales agents to help us sell our solutions to federal agencies in Washington DC and surrounding areas. Sales agents will have a strong understanding of the sales process, excel at generating leads, building business relationships, and closing deals. Candidates must have direct experience in IT and should also be able to easily understand business performance metrics, and enterprise reporting as well as possess the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way with strong negotiating skills. Given that sales agents typically deliver proposals, give presentations and attend networking events; in order to showcase service offerings and build relationships, it is essential that our sales agents be highly personable and professional. This is a strictly commissioned position (1099 independent contractor) with a very competitive structure. Salary listed is indicative of average earnings.
- Perform market research and Identify leads from LinkedIn, business directories, and online searches to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Understand customer needs and offer services, solutions and coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- New business development utilizing own network, and/or new outreach ; plan and participate in capture activities, to include collaboration sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Brief opportunity status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed.
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Deliver customized, targeted proposals using proven sales strategies and answer all potential client concerns and follow-up call questions.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 10+ years proven sales experience
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- This role requires that the successful candidate have a proven track record of winning large scale opportunities.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Demonstrated relationships and access to key government customers with strong networking skills
- Excellent communication, relationship-building, and organizational skills and ability to speak to technical and complex topics smoothly and eloquently
- Comfort w/ a very small start-up, little process, and working remote
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
*** This is a 1099 independent contractor, responsible for own benefits & filing***
Expected Earnings: $150,000.00 to $300,000.00 /year
20% for new biz; Avg deal size 250K-$1 M
Annual sales goal of $2.0 M
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission
- Relevant: 8 years (Required)
- Business Development: 8 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance